Here are home maintenance tips that will help you prepare for summer fun.
If you’re looking to get the most out of your home this spring and summer, start preparing now with these five home maintenance tips:
1. Clear the debris from your yard. This can include all of the dead leaves left over from last fall and any plants that didn’t survive snowmageddon. It’s time to freshen up those flower beds!
2. Clean your gutters and downspouts. Make sure that everything is draining properly, and that no moisture is pooling around your slab foundation.
3. Check your windows. Do any of them have fogged seals? If so, I’m happy to refer you to a great company that can help you out with that. You want as much of that spring and summer sunshine pouring into your home as possible, so now’s the time to clean your windows inside and out and replace any damaged screens.
4. Get your backyard ready for grilling season. Clear off your grill, make sure you have plenty of propane in that tank, wash off your outdoor furniture, and maybe stain your deck. When the opportunity to have company over presents itself, you’re ready to go.
5. Ensure that your HVAC system is in good, working order. You don’t want to wait until the Texas summer sun is bearing down on you to realize there’s something wrong with your AC. Get ahead of any issues by having a professional check-up now. If you don’t already follow a regular maintenance schedule for your home’s most vital systems, then today’s the perfect day to start.
As always, I’m more than happy to be your residential real estate resource. If you’d like to hear more spring and summer tips or are thinking about buying, selling, or even investing soon, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear from you soon!