Ask your agent these five crucial questions before you sell your home.
Many sellers want to know if there are any questions they need to ask before they go into the home selling process. If you’re planning to sell your home, I highly recommend that you ask these five questions so you’re not going in blind:
1. “What is the typical time frame for selling?” Sometimes, the process of getting your home ready for sale takes longer than getting it on the market and sold. Be sure to ask so you can plan accordingly.
2. “What is the best marketing strategy?” This will vary by property and region, but there are certainly many tools available for Realtors to use, like social media, open houses, advertising, etc. Know what your agent plans to use to market your home.
3. “How will the listing price be determined?” Many times, you’ll be in charge of the list price, but be prepared to make adjustments according to your Realtor’s advice.
4. “What is the best way to stay in contact?” Whether it’s email, voicemail, or face-to-face meetings, be sure to ask up front. I’ve often been told by clients that the thing they like most about working with me is that I stay in constant communication with them.
5. “What does the staging process look like?” Sometimes, it’s as simple as decluttering and depersonalizing your home. Other times, it may be an opportunity to bring in furniture and decor from outside the home. Find out in advance what their expectations are.
As you can see, there are many questions you’ll want to ask before undergoing the sales process. If you have any further questions about selling your home or real estate in general, don’t hesitate to reach out to me. I’d love to hear from you.