Here are five helpful tips for living in a “For Sale” home.
Many of the clients that I represent can’t vacate their home while it’s on the market. They need to live there while also showing it to interested buyers, which can make things hectic at times.
We can get ahead of this with virtual staging. We do it very early on in the process to give our clients specific tasks to help get their home ready for the market. If we price the home right in this market, the only inconveniences you should see are minor, and only for the first weekend.
Here are five quick tips to make living in your home while it’s on the market easier:
1. Start packing now. Moving is a great opportunity to deal with your “stuff.” Decide what you really want to keep and what you’re okay with dumping.
2. Sell it, donate it, or throw it away. If you don’t need or want something, don’t take the time and expense of boxing it up and moving it.
3. Get your home squeaky-clean. There is nothing better than walking into a home that has been lovingly cleaned. I highly encourage you to clean like you’ve never cleaned before when it comes time to sell.
4. Maintain your privacy and safety. To do this, you’ll want to secure or remove any valuables, documents, firearms, or prescription medications.
5. Involve your children. Get them involved with some kind of reward system for keeping things neat and tidy.
If you have any questions about selling your home, need some more tips, or have other real estate-related questions, don’t hesitate to reach out via phone or email. I look forward to hearing from you soon.