Real estate in Flower Mound has really been hot for the past 4 years but it’s getting hotter! See the information below for more details. Prices are down .62% compared to December 2016 so this is a great time to buy!
No wonder – two years ago Flower Mound was featured in D Magazine as the #8 Best Suburb!
See the graphic below for a detailed comparison from December 2016 to December 2017.
Want to do something special in Flower Mound?
50 Free Activities In & Around Flower Mound
If you’re looking for some free activities for your kids that won’t break the bank, we invite you to check out this great list of activities In & Around Flower Mound:
- Visit a local farmers’ market.
- Visit the Library. Enjoy special summer reading club performances.
- Tour a local police or fire station. Show your appreciation by bringing a baked treat.
- Attend a free trial class at Best Gymnastics.
- Attend one of Lowe’s Free Build and Grow Workshopsfor Kids.
- Attend a complimentary class at Excite Gym and Cheer.
- Visit Founders Plaza, the DFW Airport Observation Area.
- Tour Market Streetin Flower Mound or Coppell.
- Take the kids to the indoor play area at Vista Ridge Mall.
- Play disc golfat Lake Park in Lewisville.
- Go the the Grapevine Botanical Gardens. Enjoy the playground; let the kids play hide and seek.
- Stop by Railroad Parkand watch the skateboarders do their thing. Let the kids try it as well.
- Explore Bass Proin Grapevine. Enjoy museum-quality stuffed animal displays, a large aquarium tank with a small waterfall, and more.
- Tour Revival Wood Finishingin Lewisville.
- Visit the Elm Fork Nature Reservein Carrollton. Hike the trails and discover something new.
- Enjoy free indoor play time at The Ark in Coppell.
- Take advantage of the many free crafts that Michaelsoffers throughout the year.
- Enjoy a free preview class at Musikgarten with Heidi.
- Tour California Pizza Kitchenin Grapevine.
- Visit Rheudasil Park & Pond. Enjoy the playground; feed the ducks, go fishing.
- Attend one of Home Depot’s Free Kids’ Workshops.
- Tour Central Marketin Southlake.
- Visit Teen Courtin Flower Mound and Lewisville.
- View the daily “Train Robber Presentation” in Grapevine.
- Enjoy Kids Kastle in Highland Village or Kid Kountry in Coppell.
- Tour Vetro Glass Blowing Studioin Grapevine.
- Go Geocaching.
- Bike or Walk our local trails: Flower MoundHighland Village Lewisville
- Enjoy a free outdoor concert: LewisvilleThe Shops at Highland Village Southlake
- Watch one of the many sports games taking place at public fields in our area (soccer, baseball)
- Enjoy a free outdoor movie or event at Castle Hillsin Lewisville.
- Visit the Dog Parkat Railroad Park in Lewisville.
- Visit Historic downtown Grapevine. Enjoy the Grapevine Public Art Trailand Sidewalk Skaters.
- View free fireworksevery Friday all summer. Can be seen from any Grapevine Lake public park.
- Enjoy Summer NightsEvents in Grapevine; Fridays in July.
- Meet and Greet US Troops at DFW Airport. Bring homemade signs for the soldiers.
- Volunteer. Ranch Hand Rescue, CCA’s Food Pantry, and local animal shelters all need help.
- Take a tour of Costcoin Lewisville.
- Visit Grapevine Mills Mall. Young kids enjoy the ramps and stairs; all kids can explore Rain Forest Cafe’s shop, with large aquariums, animated animals, and more.
- Attend one of the free events at Nash Farmin Grapevine.
- Enjoy holiday and seasonal events. Details can be found in our weekly newsletters and our online community calendar.
- Visit W. Perry Museumin Carrollton.
- Attend a free gardening workshop for kids at Calloway’s.
- Attend a free trial class at WinKids.
- Visit Bob Jones Nature Centerin Southlake.
- Have a picnic at one of our area parks.
- Visit Nana’s Pacas, an alpaca farm in Flower Mound. NOTE: It has come to our attention that there is a small fee for this activity: $3 per person plus $1 if you’d like to feed the alpacas.
- Visit a local nursing home. Call the activity director in advance to see if there’s a special activity you and your kids can help with (bingo, games, etc.)
- Visit “The Tubes/The Bugs” indoor play area in Irving.
- Head to the dog park– whether you have a dog or not:)
- Just explore… take your bike or car to an area you’ve never been before. Maybe a new park or a wooded area you’ve been meaning to check out.